My name is...

Author Topic: My name is...  (Read 1109 times)

pattypicasso

• View Profile
My name is...
« on: April 30, 2013, 03:03:53 PM »
Hello! My name is Patrick. I am nineteen years old and I am a graduate from high school, having completed his first year of college.

I recently managed to get a first rough draft done of a screenplay in December. Screenplays, and writing, is a new world to me. I can only say I really only started in December. I took 3 years of television production in high school. In that class I have shot videos, edited them, made the morning announcements for my school, acted in some videos, etc. I never really got into the writing aspect of film, and it is something that I wanted to try out.

So I wrote my first one and was quite proud of it. However, being that it was my first one, I made a lot of mistakes. I got an editor and he recommended a book, I read it, and rewrote my screenplay. I am quite proud of it.

I am interested in writing more and seeing what becomes of it.

Let's see what happens.

Aria

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: My name is...
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 03:05:12 PM »
Expect a reply soon!  Sorry I've been so swamped.  I can't wait to have our phone consultation.

verbs-everywhere

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 03:09:32 PM »
Hi!

My name's Sam. I'm a college student majoring in English and Spanish. I just finished my fourth feature-length screenplay and I'm looking to get into TV writing as well.

I'm also a contributor on this site. I'll mostly be doing screenplay reviews and writing tips.

pattypicasso

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 03:48:24 PM »
No worries, Aria. Take your time.

It's nice to meet you Sam! I am looking forward to your tips and reviews!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 04:10:32 PM by pattypicasso »

delaplante

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 05:49:03 PM »
My name is Nicole, I am currently in grade 12. I have written my first script and sent it in to get notes and got good feedback, so now I am in the process of re-writing it. I've been writing novels since grade 7, I've never actually finished one, but I just have so many stories in my head!

pattypicasso

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 05:52:49 PM »
Nice to meet you Nicole  :)